Criminal Defense Lawyers On Your Side
If you are facing criminal charges in the state of California, it is particularly important that you protect your rights. Part of protecting your rights involves not making any statements to the police which could potentially hurt your case. Another part of protecting your rights involves not pleading guilty simply because you believe the evidence is stacked against you. Consulting with an experienced San Bernardino and Riverside criminal defense lawyer is essential when you have been charged with a criminal offense—an attorney you can place your trust in.
According to FBI statistics, there were 10 million 662,252 arrests made in 2016; 515,151 were for violent crimes and 1,353,283 were for property crimes. The arrest rate in 2016 was 3,298.5 arrests per 100,000 inhabitants, meaning between three and four percent of all Americans will be arrested for a criminal offense at some time in their life. When you look at these statistics, you can see that you, or someone close to you, could be one of the many people who have criminal charges leveled.
If the day comes when you are the focus of a criminal investigation and arrest, it is essential that you have an experienced criminal defense attorney in your corner. Perhaps you are totally innocent of the charges, or perhaps you did commit the crime, but there are extenuating circumstances. Whatever your situation, the California criminal justice system can be a frightening place to be on your own. Criminal law is a highly focused area of the law, and the Greenberg & Greenberg criminal defense lawyers have five decades of combined experience defending people just like you—good people who may have made a mistake and now need legal assistance.
We will help you understand your rights while we protect your rights and protect you and your future. We take a personal interest in each and every case, through a proactive, thorough, collaborative approach. As we build your criminal defense case, we will carefully explore every aspect of the arrest to identify any weaknesses in the prosecution’s case. When possible, we will work to get your case dismissed by identifying flawed evidence, errors in police procedure, or other violations of your rights. We apply our proven defense strategies to a wide range of criminal law cases, including the following:
- DUI Defense—California drunk driving laws are very severe, even for a first-time offender. If you have been arrested and charged with DUI in Riverside or San Bernardino, it is extremely important that you contact an experienced DUI attorney to help you through this difficult process. Not only will being accused of drunk driving have an effect on your driving privileges, you could also end up spending time in jail and paying extremely high fines. Having a DUI on your record can also have a negative effect on your job—both the one you have and one you might want in the future—but also on your ability to obtain insurance. The San Bernardino and Riverside attorneys at Greenberg & Greenberg represent DUI clients—those facing a first DUI, a second or subsequent DUI, and the associated DMV hearings.
- Violent Crimes—If you have been charged with a violent crime in San Bernardino or Riverside, it is likely the prosecutor in your case will push for the harshest possible penalties. The consequences of a violent crime conviction can be very severe. For some violent crime offenses, you could face misdemeanor charges and resulting fines, probation, and anger management classes for a conviction. For a felony violent crime conviction, you could face years in prison—even life in prison—not to mention dealing with a felony conviction on your record even after you have served your time. The Greenberg & Greenberg San Bernardino & Riverside attorneys will mount an aggressive defense against the charges you are facing. When possible, we will have the charges dismissed, otherwise, we will work hard for an acquittal by jury or reduced penalties. As former district attorneys, our highly experienced defense lawyers understand how prosecutors approach violent crime cases and are well-versed in California statutes concerning violent crimes, including the three strikes law and gang-related enhancements.
- Drug Crimes—Many California drug crimes are felony offenses; therefore, they are extremely serious. In order to avoid jail time for a drug offense, it is vitally important that you have an experienced, aggressive Greenberg & Greenberg San Bernardino and Riverside criminal defense attorney in your corner. We will develop a zealous defense strategy for drug charges such as: drug possession, prescription drug crimes, possession with intent to distribute, cultivation and manufacturing of marijuana and other illegal substances, drug trafficking and marijuana DUI.
- Sexual Offenses—Sexual offense charges in the state of California are among the most serious charges you can face. Even being charged with a sexual offense crime can ruin your reputation and result in the loss of your job. At Greenberg & Greenberg, we will examine all the evidence of the alleged crime—the complaint from the victim, any witness statements, police investigation reports, DNA evidence, and other physical evidence. We will move to suppress evidence obtained illegally or prejudicial lineups, as well as other potential violations of your rights.
- Internet and Computer Fraud—Cybercrime is a relatively new phenomenon in the American criminal justice system. Prosecutors in San Bernardino and Riverside take computer crimes very seriously, devoting considerable resources to these cases. The financial penalties and significant prison sentences which can result from Internet and computer crimes make it essential that you speak to a Greenberg & Greenberg attorney. Internet and computer crimes include hacking or theft of information, online business fraud, identity theft, credit card fraud, child pornography or solicitation, or using a computer in connection with elder abuse.
- Traffic Crimes—If you are charged with a misdemeanor or felony traffic offense in Riverside or San Bernardino, you need to protect yourself against the severe consequences of a conviction. Unlike a traffic citation, which involves only a fine, a serious moving violation can result in jail time, a license suspension and high fines. Traffic crimes include hit-and-run accidents, excessive speeding, evading the police, DUI, Marijuana DUI, driving with an open container, passing a school bus, speeding in a construction zone, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, reckless driving, drag racing or vehicular manslaughter. The Greenberg & Greenberg attorneys will defend your rights and work hard on your behalf.
- Theft Crimes—Theft crimes include shoplifting, burglary, and auto theft. These crimes carry serious consequences. If you are convicted of a theft crime, you could face fines and possibly years in prison. Beyond those penalties, the mark on your criminal record could affect your life for many years to come. Under California law, theft is divided into two broad categories—Grand theft and petty theft. Grand theft involves stolen property worth $950 or more, and stolen firearms are also considered felony grand theft. A conviction for grand theft could result in up to three years in prison. Petty theft involves stolen property worth less than $950 and is a misdemeanor charge which carries a sentence of up to six months in jail and a fine as large as $1,000.
- White-Collar Crimes—Allegations of theft, fraud, or misuse of company funds are white- collar crimes which are often charged as felony offenses. If you are suspected of committing a white-collar crime, an experienced San Bernardino or Riverside Greenberg & Greenberg attorney can help minimize the outcome of your charges. We are experienced criminal defense lawyers with the background and knowledge necessary to defend you against white-collar crime allegations such as: embezzlement, fraud, credit card fraud, mortgage fraud, employee theft, fraud against the government, Ponzi schemes, welfare fraud, consumer crimes, computer crimes, conspiracy, money laundering and larceny.
Why You Are at a Disadvantage in the California Court System
Thousands of innocent people are convicted every year for crimes they did not commit. Our current system of justice puts anyone accused of a criminal offense at a disadvantage as they face a California state prosecutor with extensive resources, and a jury which may be quick to presume guilt. In other words, the only way you can increase the odds that your future will not be forever altered is by ensuring you have a law firm like Greenberg & Greenberg, with a solid reputation, firmly in your corner. Your California attorney must have the aggressiveness and skill to determine defense strategies and to minimize the damage to your life and future.
When you have been charged with a crime, you must act immediately to find a reputable law firm to help you with the charges. At Greenberg & Greenberg, we are a father/son team with more than 50 years of criminal defense and litigation experience. We are former district attorneys who speak Spanish and are available to our clients 24/7. With more than 200 trial cases taken to verdict, we make client satisfaction a top priority. If you have been charged with a criminal offense, it is essential that you contact an experienced Greenberg & Greenberg attorney as quickly as possible to ensure your rights and your future are properly protected.