A drunk driving accident or a fight that turns fatal can result in felony charges of manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter. Prosecutors may even allege that you intentionally caused the death and bring charges of murder. An effective defense by a qualified San Bernardino and Riverside criminal defense lawyer can mean the difference between prison and your freedom.
San Bernardino and Riverside Attorneys
The San Bernardino and Riverside law firm of Greenberg & Greenberg provides experienced representation on manslaughter charges for citizens of Southern California. We welcome you to a free initial consultation to discuss the facts of your case and how we can help avoid the worst consequences of your arrest.
DUI Manslaughter, Vehicular Manslaughter, and Involuntary Manslaughter
- DUI manslaughter: causing a fatal accident while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Vehicular manslaughter: a fatality resulting from excessive speed, reckless driving, or other gross negligence behind the wheel
- Involuntary manslaughter: assault with a knife or other weapon (or even bare hands), or any intentional act that results in the unintended death of another person
A conviction for manslaughter can result in a very lengthy prison sentence in San Bernardino and Riverside.
Defending Against Manslaughter Charges in San Bernardino and Riverside
For more than 50 years, we have defended many citizens charged with manslaughter. Our San Bernardino and Riverside criminal defense firm includes former prosecutors with insight into how charges are brought and the ability to assess the evidence in the case, and build a strong defense for you.
- In a DUI or vehicular homicide case, we seek to show that our client was not knowingly drunk or indifferent to the safety of others. We examine police reports, witness statements, and any physical evidence to prove there was no intent or reckless disregard. We may use an accident reconstruction expert to show how the other persons or factors contributed to the accident.
- In an involuntary manslaughter case involving a fight or assault, we may argue self-defense, and we vigorously confront the version of events as portrayed by the police or witnesses.
Contact a Manslaughter Defense Attorney Today
Our goal is have charges dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense (such as assault or reckless driving), which carries a much less severe penalty in San Bernardino or Riverside. If we cannot negotiate a favorable plea and the case proceeds to trial, we can present formidable arguments to a jury on your behalf.
Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a free consultation about the best possible outcome. We can discuss payment terms that enable you to hire the exceptional defense you deserve.